I have been doing a few quilt blocks recently, but I decided a change is as good as a rest and started on an embroidery instead.
This is the first stage. The traced pattern is over the material in the hoop. I sewed over the tracing to produce an outline.
I started to fill in the roses first.
I’m quite pleased with the satin stitch on the wings and large roses.
Almost done, I’ve run out of DMC 3755 though so I can’t finish it off.
The pattern is from Urban Threads. The pattern is called ‘Rose Dragon’.
I’ve been working on my cousin’s wedding present – a set of patchwork placemats and coasters. I still have so much to do on them, but this morning I’m working on a design for a devotional embroidery, featuring Wulder, Wayland, Njord and Ingwi (Frey). This is how far I’ve got;
As you can see, I’m using a series of circles to place the individual images. The central circle is a burial mound as I wanted to include my ancestors in the piece too. So far I’ve finished the Ingwi roundel (mostly) and realised I should probably draw the god-images first.